Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel Review
[easyazon_cta add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”B003E7UNE4″ cloaking=”default” height=”42″ key=”tall-orange” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”ecobeautifu07-20″ width=”120″]
Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel is formulated to work for all hair types, although it works best for curly hair. Not only does it moisturize the hair, it also provides a firm hold. It keeps every strand in place without looking sticky or oily. It’s also made to provide UV protection.
The gel has a thick texture that does not feel gooey. It does not cause any itching. In fact, it can even provide some relief for itchy scalps.
Olive Oil Benefits
This is a natural gel formulation in which olive oil is the main ingredient. The benefits of using olive oil on the hair are:
- Natural moisture. Applying this gel to your hair gel adds moisture to the hair and helps to prevent problems such as dandruff.
- Added shine. With its moisturizing properties, olive oil brings dull hair back to live. With some products, the hair ends up looking greasy. This product gets rid of the dull look and adds shine without grease.
- Gets rid of frizz and tough texture. If your hair is dry, brittle, and/or frizzy, the gel will really smooth it out and make it softer. It’s essentially a natural hair softener.
- Easier management and styling. For some women, hair is hard to manage. Whether you want to give it a bounce, or make it stay in place, you will find that the Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel is a good product.
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Carbomer (white)
- Polysorbate 20
- Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate
- Tetrasodium EDTA
Hydrolyzed wheat protein is good for the hair since it has a low molecular weight. This allows for it to be easily absorbed through the hair shaft, which in turn increases the amount of moisture the hair is able to retain.
Polysorbate 20 is used as a cleansing and foaming ingredient as well as a conditioner. By itself, it’s too be mild to be used. When used in this formulation, it helps the other ingredients dissolve in a solvent, and allows for emulsions to be formed by reducing surface tension of the emulsifying substances.
Some of the cons reported about the Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel include:
- A feeling of the hair being weighted down
- Potentially drying black hair out, if used too often
- Potentially bleaching the hair if used too often
- May cause flakiness, despite claim that it doesn’t
How to Use the Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel
If you want to give the product a try, you can apply it to wet or dry hair. Begin with a small amount, no more than a quarter size on each side. For straight, frizzy hair, you might want to use a smaller amount. You can get away with using more on curly hair. If you notice any flakiness, reduce the amount you use as well as the frequency.
Since the Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel is affordable, and more women find it helpful than not, it’s worth trying. However, you may want to use it sparingly. You really don’t need to use a lot of olive oil to see the benefits – just use a small amount here and there.
[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”B003E7UNE4″ cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”ecobeautifu07-20″]