Home Cosmetic Make Up Mirrors with Lighted Reviews
If you’re looking for reviews for make up mirrors with lighted features, the following three products are a great place to start:
Home Travel 9X/1X Folding Lighted Cosmetic Mirror
[easyazon_cta add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”B000H6P7HS” cloaking=”default” height=”42″ key=”tall-orange” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”ecobeautifu07-20″ width=”120″]Home Travel 9X/1X Folding Lighted Cosmetic Mirror[/easyazon_cta]
Jerdon JGL9W Tri-Fold Lighted Mirror
[easyazon_cta add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”B0000AFUT3″ cloaking=”default” height=”42″ key=”tall-orange” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”ecobeautifu07-20″ width=”120″]Home Travel 9X/1X Folding Lighted Cosmetic Mirror[/easyazon_cta]
Conair Oval Double-Sided Lighted Mirror
[easyazon_cta add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”B000U0F9GA” cloaking=”default” height=”42″ key=”tall-orange” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”ecobeautifu07-20″ width=”120″]Home Travel 9X/1X Folding Lighted Cosmetic Mirror[/easyazon_cta]
Here’s an overview of each of these three mirrors:
- Made by Rialto, the Home Travel 9x/1x folding make up mirror is designed with 9x magnifying capabilities and a bright 22-W fluorescent bulb that is capable of producing 100-W of illumination. You can fold it for easy transport or storage. The mirror and base are 8-diameters and come with storage compartments built in.
- The Jerdon Tri-Fold mirror features 5x magnification and four light settings. It has a nice, white finish that makes it look great in any room. The tri-fold design allows for it to be swiveled around for adjustable magnification. There are four adjustable settings for office environments, home, daytime, and evening.
- The Conair double-sided lighted make up mirror has an oval shape and oil-bronze finish. It can rotate 360-degrees for viewing and offers 7x magnification. You can expect crystal clear viewing thanks to soft halo lighting. It is also ETL listed.
Comparing Make Up Mirrors with Lighted Technology
The Conair Oval mirror is the lowest priced of the three, and the Home Travel 9x/1x mirror is the highest priced, despite being the smallest, with dimensions of 3.5×8.2×8.5 inches and a weight of 2.8 pounds. The Conair mirror has dimensions of 7.2×17.5×8.2 inches and a weight of 3.6 pounds. The mirror itself, however, is 6 ¼ in diameter.
When fully extended, the Jerdon Tri-Fold mirror measures 19×12 inches; its weight is 4 pounds.
Make Up Mirrors Pros and Cons
Here’s a look at the pros and cons of these cosmetic mirrors, according to reviewers.
Home Travel 9X/1X Folding Pros:
- Many users find that it is easy to pack up and transport.
- It offers an impressive amount of illumination and magnification.
- It comes with sizable compartments in which you can store lipstick, mascara, brushes, tweezers, etc.
- Not only does 9x magnification make it easy to put make up on flawlessly, it also makes it easy to pluck eyebrows and put eye contacts in.
- It’s designed to adapt to any angle, which allows for precision in detail when applying makeup.
- If the 9x magnification is too strong, you can simply turn it around and use the 1x backside.
Home Travel 9X/1X Folding Cons:
- Even though many reviewers find that it is easy to pack up, there are still some who feel that this mirror is a bit cumbersome.
- There are reports that the light bulb stops working before it should, and there are problems with replacement bulbs.
- Some users reportedly find that the light is TOO bright that it makes the mirror uncomfortable to look into.
- There are reports that the opening/closing wires are too short.
Jerdon JGL9W Tri-Fold Lighted Mirror Pros:
- The mirror has a tri-fold design that swivels for magnification adjustment.
- It comes with a built-in electrical outlet, so you can plug in your curling iron and other beauty accessories.
- The middle mirror can be reversed from 1x magnification to 5x magnification. The two side mirrors provide a panoramic view.
- There is a color-correct light menu and two bars of fluorescent lighting, which provide glare-free illumination.
- The Jerdon JGL9W manages to decrease the dark spots that are common in mirrors of this type.
- An adjustable backstand is included.
Jerdon JGL9W Tri-Fold Lighted Mirror Cons:
- You might have to hold the “on” button down for several seconds in order for the bulb to starting lighting up.
- Some users find distortion with the 5x magnified mirror.
- A manufacturing flaw has been reported on some units, which disallows the slider to be moved between the “office” and “day” setting.
Conair Oval Double Sided Lighted Mirror Pros:
- It has a really nice, oiled bronze finish.
- One side of the mirror has no magnification and the other side has 7x. The 7x magnification side is ideal for eyebrow plucking and eye makeup application.
- Like the Jerdon, the Conair mirror has an accessory outlet located in its base.
- The light is neither too dim nor too bright. This mirror just provides enough illumination so that you can comfortably look into it to apply makeup with precision.
- The LED temperature/tint replicates natural sunlight.
- Replacement bulbs are inexpensive and easy to change.
Conair Oval Double Sided Lighted Mirror Cons:
- It has to be plugged into the wall, so it isn’t portable.
- Some users find the lighting to be a bit too soft.
- Some users report that it is cheaply put together, with a faulty switch and/or power cord.
- Even with minimal use, the bulb doesn’t last for as long as it should.
Tips for Choosing the Right Cosmetic Mirror
Which of these three mirrors is right for you? Here are a few tips for choosing one:
- The magnification of a mirror is a personal preference. This is why some users report that the same mirror is too bright and some report that it is too dim. The most popular magnification tends to be in the 5x to 8x range. Pick a level that is comfortable and accommodates your level of vision.
- If you work in an office, choose a mirror with different lighting settings so that you can see it both at home and at work.
- Ideally, go with an adjustable mirror, as you will want versatile illumination. Also, you will want to be able to easily see you are doing from any angle.
Of the three make up mirrors with lighted technology, the Conair mirror has the highest rating by users, even though it’s not as portable as the Home Travel 9X/1X mirror. The Jerdon JGL9W Tri-Fold Lighted Mirror has the most number of reviews, making it the most popular of the three. However, you must consider your own needs and go with the one you think will best accommodate them.